International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) is dedicated to enhancing the academic, cultural, and personal experiences of international students at Belmont University. A division of Interdisciplinary Studies and Global Education (ISGE), ISSS coordinates activities for international students after they have been admitted to Belmont University and arrive in the United States.
We provide professional expertise on immigration and employment, and help ensure student, scholar, and institutional compliance with federal regulations. ISSS staff help guide students and scholars through the requirements for foreign nationals studying and working in the United States.
We will work with you to coordinate the following:
- Immigration services (entry visas, work permission, visa counseling)
- Academic counseling
- Programs for cross-cultural learning
- Co-curricular programming to integrate students into the campus community
- Friendship Family program: First Friends
- Opportunities for students to be used as a learning resource and as guest speakers in classes
- Work on and off campus
- Weekly coffee hour and monthly social events
Contact Dr. Kathy Skinner below with questions or to set up an appointment to meet.